Welcome to 'A Montessori Home'.
With so many of our friends and family living in far-off lands, I hope that this blog might help our loved-ones get to know our gorgeous Finlay as he grows up. I also hope that these posts may provide inspiration, provoke thought and conversation about creating beautiful Montessori environments for infants and toddlers at home. I'm always happy to hear your comments, thoughts and suggestions. Feel free to pop in now and then to see what we're up to!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Four Months


A few days ago my osteopath took a long look at me and said, "You look completely different." I commented on how I was wearing my hair differently, but he insisted, "No, it's your face. It's... matured," and then he quickly added, "But not in a bad way. It's like you're coming into yourself."

Maybe it's the sleep deprivation. Whatever it is, I'll take it as a compliment, thanks.

I definitely feel different. That's something they don't tell you when you're pregnant. They don't tell you how different you'll feel after having a baby, or much depth your life will take on when you have another precious being to nurture and protect. Actually, maybe people did tell me these things but I was too busy being pregnant to notice.

As Finlay grows into his gorgeous personality it seems that time is both standing still and rushing forward simultaneously. In four short months, he has gone from being that fragile, mewling newborn to this determined, charming little boy with a wicked sense of humour. Where did all this come from? And how did we get here so fast?

That's where this blog comes in. The Montessorian in me desperately needs to write down my observations before all of Fin's early developmental stages rush by un-checked. Also, as a 3-6 trained Montessori teacher, creating an infant environment is new to me and I look forward to sharing the adventure with you.

So many things to write about! So without further ado, I present 'A Montessori Home'. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment